|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on May 18, 1954.
The upper part shows the arms of Bayern, derived from the Wittelsbach family, who, in turn, took the arms in the 13th century from the Counts of Bogen. The lower part symbolises the St. Mary pilgrimage to the Bogenberg. The wave in the lower left part symbolises the Donau river.
Municipal stationery, 1960s
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.