|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on September 11, 1984.
The main symbol in the arms is the large linden tree, which stands on the local cemetery. The linden is supposedly centuries old, and was historically used as the place to held court. Therefore the linden was also used on the previous seals of the village. The fleur-de-lis in the base symbolises the Augustinian monastery which was founded in the village in 1326, with St. Mary as the patron saint. The fleur-de-lis is the symbol of St. Mary. The wavy division line and the blue colour in the base also symbolise the Bordesholmer lake.
Literature : Reissmann, 1997