|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The municipality applied for arms in 1919, but no historical arms or seals were available. The State Archives thus proposed in 1920 the above arms, which symbolise the zoo, founded in 1815 by King Friedrich of Württemberg. The zoo contained mainly local animals, especially deer and boar.
Even thought he municipality itself probably never used the arms, as the municipality merged with Stuttgart in 1922, the arms are used in several places in the old village.
Literature : Bardua, 1973.