Bottrop

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,829
  • Total images in the German section : 25,779

BOTTROP

State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
Urban district (Stadtkreis) : Bottrop
Additions : 1975 Gladbeck, Kirchhellen

Wappen von Bottrop

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted in 1976.

In the new arms elements from the former arms of Bottrop and Kirchhellen were combined.

The village became a boom-town at the end of the 19th century, due to the coal mining. It became a city in 1919. The village only used a seal with the Prussian eagle.

The first arms were granted in 1926 show a symbol of the coal mining placed upon the cross of the Teutonic Order, see below. The loge of Welheim of the Order owned the area from 1230 to the 18th century.

Hupp showed the arms in the 1920s with a golden hammer, see below.


Wappen von Bottrop

The arms from 1926
Wappen von Bottrop

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s; Present image taken from http://www.bottrop.de