Braunwald

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

BRAUNWALD

Canton : Glarus
Incorporated into : 2011 Glarus-Süd

Wappen von Braunwald/Arms (crest) of Braunwald

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were adopted on March 8, 1939.

The arms are canting; the name is derived from Brunnen-wald, or forest with springs. The springs are symbolised in the right half; the forest in the left half of the arms.



This page is part of the
Switzerland.jpg
Swiss heraldry portal

Kloten.jpg

Swiss heraldry:


  • Total pages in the Swiss section : 13,067
  • Total images in the Swiss section : 3,463
Ch-144.jpg

Collector's items


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature: Tschudi-Schümperlin, 1941