Canton : Glarus
Incorporated into : 2011 Glarus-Süd
The arms were adopted on March 8, 1939.
The arms are canting; the name is derived from Brunnen-wald, or forest with springs. The springs are symbolised in the right half; the forest in the left half of the arms.
This page is part of the Swiss heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Tschudi-Schümperlin, 1941