Canton : Bern
The arms are based on the arms of the Lords of Brienz. The arms are known since the end of the 12th century, but the present municipal arms date from 1939.
Variations of the arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
This page is part of the Swiss heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Wappenbuch des Kantons Bern, 1981.