The arms were granted on January 27, 1939.
The arms are based on the arms of the Lords of Brochterbeck, whose arms are known from the 14th century. The family became extinct in 1400. The arms showed an anchor, but colours are not known. The wavy bend was added as a canting symbol (Bach=stream) for the village. The blue colour was chosen, as it was the main colour of the County Lingen, to which the village belonged.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Meijer, 1940