Burhave

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,955
  • Total images in the German section : 36,257

BURHAVE

State : Niedersachsen
District (Kreis) : Wesermarsch
Incorporated into : 1933-1948 and since 1974 Butjadingen

Wappen von Burhave

Official blazon

  • (de)

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on January 29, 1949.

The lion in the arms is taken from the arms of the local Lord Lübbe Sibets. The two red bars are the arms of the State of Oldenburg. The combination of these two items was first used by Count Christian von Oldenburg on his seal from 1418. The arms were adopted on the seal of the Butjadingen municipality in 1933. When the municipality was dissolved again in 1948 the arms were granted to Burhave. When the new Butjadingen municipality was created in 1974, the arms were continued by that municipality.


Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Furchert, 2003