Coesfeld (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

  • (de)

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on October 15, 1979.

The arms combine elements from the old arms (see below), with the bell taken from the arms of the former Lüdinghausen district arms.

The arms were granted on August 8, 1956.

The right part of the arms show St. Liudger, the main missionary under the German and Frisian tribes in the 8th century, and founder of the diocese of Münster. The is buried in Billerbeck in the district. The left part shows the arms of Münster, as the district historically belonged to Münster.


Postal cancellation 1970

Follow us on
   
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
 
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:





eBay shop
Download shop

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Linder and Olzog, 1996