Coesfeld (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 16:35, 21 January 2016 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - ".jpg|center]] ====Official blazon====" to ".jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]] ====Official blazon====")

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,999
  • Total images in the German section : 36,344

COESFELD (COE)

State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
Additions : 1975 Lüdinghausen

Wappen von Coesfeld (kreis)

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on October 15, 1979.

The arms combine elements from the old arms (see below), with the bell taken from the arms of the former Lüdinghausen district arms.

The arms were granted on August 8, 1956.

Coesfeld.kreis.jpg

The right part of the arms show St. Liudger, the main missionary under the German and Frisian tribes in the 8th century, and founder of the diocese of Münster. The is buried in Billerbeck in the district. The left part shows the arms of Münster, as the district historically belonged to Münster.


Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Linder and Olzog, 1996