|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on February 18, 1952.
The leopard in the chief is taken from the arms of the Princes of Hohenlohe, who ruled part of the district in the Middle Ages. The lower part shows in the left half the quartered shield of the Hohenzollern dynasty, who ruled several cities and parts of the district until 1810. The lower right half shows the arms of the city of Crailsheim.
Municipal stationery, 1960s
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.