|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Gespalten von Silber und Rot; vorne eine grüne Ranke mit vier Blättern, hinten ein silberner Viereckpfeiler.
The arms were officially granted on May 14, 1976.
The arms show in the left half the "Maxlstein", a monument erected by King Max II of Bayern in 1861. It represents the former border between the Roman province of Raetia and the Germanic tribes, which ran through the current municipality. The colours are those of the State of Eichstätt, as most of the area was a possession of the Bishops of Eichstätt until 1803.
The right half shows a branch, taken from the arms of the Lords von Zandt which had several possessions in the area between 1245 and 1519.
The arms on a municipal car (source)
The border stone (source)
Literature : Zecherle, 1985