|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on May 12, 1949.
The arms show the lion on the peaks, taken from the canting arms of the Lords von Löwenstein (lion-stone), who ruled the area for a long period. The left half shows a bend for the -bach (stream, brook) part of the name. The green colour refers to the forests in the area.
Literature : Debus, 1988