Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
The arms are officially granted on October 12, 1987.
The new arms combine the old arms with the arms of Heusden.
The previous arms were granted on October 25, 1954.
The arms are based on the only known seal of the village, dating from 1782. The seal also showed the three keys, which are derived from the St. Peter's Abbey in Gent. The village was a possession of the abbey for many centuries until 1792.
The arms on a police badge (source)
Literature: Servais, 1955
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal/ Belgische overheidswapens/ Armorial de Belgique