|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on June 14, 1988.
The arms are based on the 14th century seal and arms of the city. This seal showed already a shield with a lion on a castle, the whole on a field with 13 bars. During the centuries the composition remained the same, but different colours have been used, the lion has been crowned or shown without crown, and several other minor variations existed. So in 1988 the arms were formally described.
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a monument in Luxembourg city (2010)
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.