DIEPHOLZ (DH) (until 1977 Grafschaft Diepholz)
State : Niedersachsen
Additions : 1932 Sulingen, 1977 Grafschaft Hoya (1932 Syke)
The arms were granted on July 25, 1979.
The new arms combine the lion of Diepholz with the bear claws of Hoya.
The previous arms were granted on October 1st, 1951.
The lion is the original arms of the Lords of Diepholz, since 1531, Counts of Diepholz. The eagle was added to the arms of the family in 1285, through marriage with the Counts of Rietberg. The bear-claws are the arms of the Grafschaft Hoya and are taken as a symbol of the former district Sulingen, that, since 1582, was part of the territory of the Counts of Hoya.
Postal cancellation 1968
Postal cancellation 1977
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Linder and Olzog, 1996.