|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on March 9, 1950.
The lion is taken from the arms of the Counts of Zweibrücken, as the region historically was ruled by the counts. The village was since 1219 obliged to provide the so-called Kaisergruft in Speyer with candles, which is symbolised in the left part of the arms. The wavy bar symbolises the –Bach part of the name, Bach meaning stream or brook.
Literature : Debus, 1988