Dillingen an der Donau (kreis)
DILLINGEN AN DER DONAU (DLG)
Unter blauem Schildhaupt, darin ein schreitender goldener Löwe, geteilt von Gold und Blau; oben ein schreitender herschauender, rot bewehrter schwarzer Löwe, unten eine goldene Lilie.
|English||an der Donau (kreis) No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation|
The arms were officially granted on October 19, 1973.
The arms show the lion taken from the previous arms, combined with the black lion taken from the arms of the former district Wertingen, and the fleur-de-lis, taken from the arms of the city of Dillingen an der Donau.
Postal cancellation 2000
The old arms were granted on July 5, 1956.
The lion and the bar are taken from the arms of the former Counts of Dillingen, who used arms with a lion on both sides of the bar. The lower part shows the arms of the Wittelsbach family and symbolises that a large part of the district historically belonged to the Pfalz and later to Bayern. The Wittelsbach family were Kings of Bayern and Counts of the Pfalz (Palatinate).
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes