|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on March 29, 1958.
The first quarter shows symbols taken from the arms of the city of Dinkelsbühl. The second quarter shows the arms of the (Hohen)Zollern dynasty, for the Margraves of Brandenburg-Ansbach who ruled the area for a long time. The lower part shows a bar for the Wörnitz river.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.