Diocese of Blackburn

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 15:29, 26 December 2022 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{{religion}}" to "")
Jump to navigation Jump to search

DIOCESE OF BLACKBURN

Country : United Kingdom
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1926

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Blackburn

Official blazon

Arms : Per fesse gules and Or, two keys in saltire wards downwards argent in chief and a rose barbed ans seeded proper in base

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on February 19, 1927.

The arms combine the crossed keys of St. Peter with the rose of Lancashire, where the diocese is situated.

Literature:



This page is part of the
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal

Perth-foley.jpg

Catholic heraldry

Bathurst-hurford.rel.jpg

Other Christian churches

Shaarhashomayim.rel.jpg
Other

  • Total pages in this section : 18,925
  • Total images in this section : 17,918

Template:Media1 Image from Wikipedia, McCarthy: Armoria Sedium.