Diocese of Coventry

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

DIOCESE OF COVENTRY

Country : United Kingdom
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1918

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Coventry

Official blazon

Gules, a cross potent, quadrante in the centre, argent within a bordure of the last charged with eight torteaux.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on January 24, 1919.

The arms illustrate that the diocesan area has been in both the dioceses of Lichfield (indicated by the cross of St. Chad) and Worcester (indicated by the torteaux on the silver bordure) prior to the establishment of the diocese in 1918.

Literature:



This page is part of the
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal

Perth-foley.jpg

Catholic heraldry

Bathurst-hurford.rel.jpg

Other Christian churches

Shaarhashomayim.rel.jpg
Other

  • Total pages in this section : 17,142
  • Total images in this section : 15,553

Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink