Diocese of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF MILWAUKEE
Denomination : Anglican
Azure a badger trippant argent between three crosses fleury or.
The Badger symbolizes Wisconsin and the Crosses fleury the early French presence. Designed by Pierre de Chaignon LaRose and adopted in 1912. The Diocese was formed in 1847 as the Diocese of Wisconsin, changing its name to the current in 1886.
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium