Diocese of New Hampshire
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Gules, on a cross azure, fimbriated argent between four crosses pommelly argent, a sword enfiled of a sheaf of arrows also argent.
Th bundle of Arrows is adopted from the 1680 seal of New Hampshire. The Sword is the "Sword of the spirit". The coat of Arms was designed by Pierre de Chaignon LaRose.
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium.