|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Sankt Johann im Pongau
The arms were officially granted on May 21, 1952.
The golden point is taken from the arms of the Lords von Goldegg, wo built the local Klammstein Castle in the 13th century. The three balls are taken from the arms of the Nonnberg Convent, to which the village of Unterberg in the municipality belonged for a long period of time.
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985