|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Dransfeld received city rights in 1305 from the Duke of Braunschweig. The oldest seal of the city showed the lion of the Welfen family, to which the Dukes of Braunschweig belonged, above a city wall. But already in the 14th century seals were used that only showed the lion. This has never changed since. The colours of the arms on the other hand have changed regularly. The colours as shown above are not the colours used by the Dukes of Braunschweig, but have been used for some time.
In the 19th century the city used more elaborate armorial bearings with a crest with a letter D. In the early 20th century the arms were shown in the colours of Braunschweig, see below.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Kaffee Hag picture albums, 1920s.