|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were granted in 1818 and confirmed on October 19, 1840.
The upper half of the arms shows the arms of the Lords of Leeuwergem, who ruled the village for a long time. The lower half shows an eagle's (or griffin's) head, derived from the arms of the Lords of Hane, the last Lords of Elene in the 18th century.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature : Servais, 1955