|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) In Rot auf grünem Hügel eine linkshin schreitende natürliche Elster über der drei silberne umgürtete Lilien (2:1) schweben.
The arms were officially granted on August 11, 1994.
The current arms date from 1994 and only differ in the arms used during most of the 20th century by the addition of a 3rd fleur-de-lys. The magpie (Elster) is a canting element. The three fleur-de-lys are taken from the arms of the Köckeritz family, which used three golden fleur-de-lys on a divided shield of blue and silver. The family ruled the area from 1367-1512. The'missing' fleur-de-lys was restored in 1994.
The red colour indicates that the city was part of the 'Reichsregiment' an Imperial type of government established in 1495.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms during DDR times
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Bensing et al, 1984