|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on April 14, 1970.
Enger belonged to Brandenburg since 1809 and became a city in 1719. The oldest seal probably dates from the same time and already shows the arms with the three leaves. The leaves are taken from the arms of the former Duchy of Enger, part of the State of Köln.
As the old seals were not very clear, the previous arms granted to the city on June 25, 1909 showed three golden fleur-de-lis (lilies) in blue, rising from a mountain in the base of the shield, see below.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925