Ennenda

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ENNENDA

Canton : Glarus
Incorporated into : 2011 Glarus

Wappen von Ennenda/Arms (crest) of Ennenda

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were adopted on March 20, 1939.

The silver wavy bend is the Linth river, which separates the municipality in two. The staff of Mercury is the symbol for trade, the village is mainly a trading village (cloth). The yellow and black pales symbolise Glarus city, to which the village historically belonged.

Wappen von/Blason de Ennenda

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960



This page is part of the
Switzerland.jpg
Swiss heraldry portal

Kloten.jpg

Swiss heraldry:


  • Total pages in the Swiss section : 13,067
  • Total images in the Swiss section : 3,463
Ch-144.jpg

Collector's items


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature : Tschudi-Schümperlin, 1941