State : Saarland
District (Kreis) : Neunkirchen (until 1973 Ottweiler)
Additions :1974 Bubach-Calmesweiler, Dirmingen, Habach, Hierscheid, Humes, Macherbach, Wiesbach
The arms were officially granted on January 16, 1978.
The arms show the beheaded eagle of Lotharingen (Lorraine), as most of the municipality hostorically belonged to Lotharingen. The bar is taken from the old arms of Eppelborn, the wolf's hook symbolises the village of Dirmingen and was used as a village sign. Dirmingen was the only village that was not a part of Lotharingen.
The previous arms were granted on May 5, 1954.
These arms are those of the medieval Knights Von Eppelborn, who are known since the 14th century and who ruled the village from the castle nearby.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Lehne and Kohler, 1981.