Erps-Kwerps

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

In goud drie blauwe molenijzers, 2 en 1 geplaatst.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on May 3, 1924.

The arms are based on a seal of Erps and Zaventem and shows the arms of the van Booischot family. In 1629 Ferdinand van Booischot, Baron of Zaventem, acquired Erps. In 1644 he was promoted to Count of Erps.


The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930


Follow us :   
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Servais, 1955