|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The deer antler is a reference to the owners of Eschelbach from 1300-1632, the Lords of Hirschhorn (Hirschhorn means deer antler).
The oldest seal of the village dates from 1706 and showed the horn, even though the village was ruled by the Bishops of Mainz since 1632.
The colours of the arms of the Lords of Hirschhorn wa in red a silver antler, but the present arms, which were granted in 1901, show the antler in the colours of Baden. Since 1803 Eschelbach is part of Baden.
Literature : Fütterer, 1960