|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on August 13, 1975.
The arms combine the eagle of the old arms (see below) with the diamonds of the right lower half of the arms of the former district of Nürtingen. The horn on the eagle is also taken from the arms of Nürtingen.
The old arms were granted on October 1st, 1951.
The deer antler in the chief is taken from the arms of Württemberg, in which the county is situated. The colours are not the colours of the arms, but of the flag of Württemberg. The eagle is taken from the arms of the city of Esslingen am Neckar. The three small shields on the eagle represent the three parts of the district, the Schurwald, Filder and Neckartal.
The arms on an cover
Literature : Stadler,1964-1971, volume 1; Bardua, 1987