From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon



The arms were officially granted on ?

The oldest known seal of the city dates from the 16th century and shows a chevron and a bar. In 1643 a new seal showed a shield with the miner's tools with an angel as supporter behind the shield. Around 1900 the canting falcon replaced the angel, and the whole composition was placed into a shield. Still the city mainy used only the small shield with the miner's tools and presently the arms again with the angel as supporter.

The municipal stamp shown in 1892

Seal from around 1900

Seal from around 1900

The arms as used from 1900 until the 1990s

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

The arms in the Abadie albums

Follow us :   
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Bensing et al, 1984