|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on ??-??-1956.
The arms show wolf-irons, which were used to trap wolves. They are derived from the arms of the Velbach family, which was influential in the town in the 13th and 14th centuries.
The old arms of the village simply showed a letter F since the 17th century. After the town became a city in 1933 new arms were adopted. The arms showed a divided shield with on the one side a bunch of grapes, on the other the letter F. In a chief the deer antler of Württemberg was added.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.