|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Fünfmal geteilt von Rot und Gold; darauf über zwei aus einem grünen Dreiberg wachsenden silbernen Eichenblättern mit Früchten eine silberne Laubkrone.
The arms were officially granted on February 5, 1981.
The crown refers to the fact that the area was a direct royal/imperial possession in early medieval times. The bars are taken from the arms of the Counts of Rieneck, to which the area belonged from 1319-1559. The silver colour is taken from the arms of the Diocese of Mainz, which acquired the area in 1559.
The base and the oak leaves refer to the forested hills of the Spessart region. The oak leaves also refer to forestry, one of the main activities in the municipality.
Literature : Image and information from the Unterfranken region