|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on May 8, 1957.
The arms are a combination of the arms of Austria and Baden. Until 1805/06 part of the area belonged to Austria, the other parts to Baden. The eagle on the escutcheon is the arms of the city of Breisach am Rhein, known since 1278.
The arms on an cover
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.