Freistett

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 12:43, 25 September 2020 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

  • (de) In Rot ein schrägrechts gestellter goldener Schiffshaken.

Origin/meaning

In 1507 the towns of Ober- and Niederfreistett were combined to Zweifreistett, which later became Freistett. In 1929 Neufreistett was incorporated into Freistett. The arms were first granted in 1900 and show a boat's hook, as a symbol for the importance of the Rhein river and the ship building industry.

Selas of Neufreistett:


The seal from 1805

The seal from the early 19th century

The seal from 1the late 19th century

Follow us on
 

 
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.