|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted in 1997.
The arms show now a boar in a city gate. Until 1997 the boar was a hedgehog which supposedly was canting for the fact that in late medieval times there was a fortress named Iglau (Igel=German for hedgehog) on the spot of the present city.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as shown in 1963
The arms as shown around 1970
The arms as shown in 1994