|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
The arms were granted on September 16th, 1985.
Frohnleiten is a town founded at the end of the 13th century. Between 1521 and 1526, the town was granted the right to use an armorial seal (confirmed in 1619). In 1985, the town was again formally granted the coat of arms, which it has used for more than 450 years. The arms are traditional. Fortifications, e.g. towers or city-gates, appear in many municipal coats of arms from the Middle Ages.
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (firstname.lastname@example.org), MStLA Folge 36 (1986), p. 57.