Incorporated into : 1974 Preston
Arms : Per chevron Vert and Ermine in chief two Stags' Heads caboshed Or in base an Oak Tree eradicated proper fructed Gold all within a Bordure engrailed of the last.
Crest : Out of a Mural Crown Or charged with three Roses Gules barbed and seeded proper a Mount Vert thereon a Lion passant guardant also proper gorged with a Torse Argent and Azure and resting the dexter forepaw on a Fleur de Lys also Argent.
Motto: 'FORTITER ET FIDELITER' - Bravely and Faithfully
The arms were officially granted on June 2, 1958.
The dividing chevron-line, from its resemblance to a roof gable, suggests the character of Fulwood as a residential area. The background of green with two royal stags' heads in gold allude to the ancient hunting forest. They also recall the stags' heads in the shield of the Earls of Derby, who had a lease in Fulwood in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. The oak tree with gold acorns at the base, also refers to the true forest woodlands, and links with the device on the Council's seal. It is uprooted to show that much of the original forest has gone, and also to recall the removal of trees and timber from Fulwood Forest by the burgesses of Preston for building and fuel in the early days of the borough's growth. The tree is shown against a background of royal ermine, which is also the "field" of the shield of Roger de Poitou, Lord of Amounderness and of the land between Mersey and Ribble, who was the lord of the forest in the late 11th century. From him was held the fee of Master Forester, long held by the Gernet family, from whose arms the gold engrailed border is taken.
The wreath and mantling in green and white are the main colours of the shield. The crest refers to the connexions of Fulwood with the Duchy, County and Parish of Lancaster. The gold mural crown is appropriate to a residential area and a military station; it is charged with the three roses from the County arms, from which also comes the lion. This in turn derives from the arms of the Duchy, whose liveries, white and blue, are worn around the lion's neck. The lion and rose also occur in the badge of the Loyal (North Lancashire) Regiment stationed at Fulwood. The fleur de lys, emblem of St. Mary, is for the Priory at Lancaster to which Fulwood was granted by Roger de Poitou.
The motto is that of Sir Anthony Browne, who came into the manor in 1551, and is appropriate to the home of the Loyals.