|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on September 14, 1938.
The upper part of the arms shows the eagle of Brandenburg, as the county was part of Brandenburg since 1807. The lower part is the arms is the lion of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel and represents the villages in the former Amt Klötze that were part of Braunschweig.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Papendieck, H. : Die Wappen der Landkreise und kreisfreien Städte des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt. Landesarchiv Magdeburg, 1996.