The arms were officially granted on January 4, 1939.
The three fleur-de-lys on gold are derived from the old arms of the Lords von Gimbte, who probably originated from the area and who became extinct in the 16th century. The wavy bar symbolises the Ems river.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Meyer, 1940