|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on April 30, 1974.
The three parts refer to the three former municipalities.
The tower refers to the medieval castle in Schlossbron. the tree is taken from the old seal and arms of Glashütten (see below). The lion of Nassau refers to Oberems, which belonged to Nassau-Usingen until 1803, whereas the two other villages belonged to the State of Mainz.
Postal cancellation 2002
The previous arms:
These arms were not officially granted, but have been in use since the 1950s in the present colours. The oldest use of a seal for Glashütten dates from 1802, when the village became part of Nassau. The three trees symbolise the fact that the village is surrounded by forests. The original seals showed three small shield with the arms of Nassau on the trees. These were removed in 1816.
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.