|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Geteilt durch einen blauen Wellenbalken von Gold und Silber; oben eine rote Laubkrone, unten eine stilisierte rote Buche mit sieben Blättern.
The arms were granted on June 7, 1961.
The crown in the upper part is taken from the arms of the abbey Benediktbeuern, the arms showed the three crowns of the holy Trinity. The abbey owned already grounds in the area in the 11th century and was the second largest landowner in the 18th century. The crown can also be seen as the crown of the moor in the arms of Freising, the church belonged to the bishops of Freising since 859. The wavy bar is the Würm river in the town. The beech in the lower part of the arms is taken from the Abbey Rottenbuch (Buche=beech), which, from 1206-1790, had the right to appoint the local priests.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.