|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
GREVENBROICH (GV) (1929-1946 Grevenbroich-Neuss)
The arms were granted on May 2, 1952.
The territory of the district historically belonged to the Counts of Jülich and the bishops of Köln. The arms thus show the cross of Köln and the lion of Jülich.
The arms were continued by the district Neuss (now Rhein-Kreis Neuss).
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.