|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1934.
The house and tower symbolise the local Grohnde estate and castle, built in the 13th century and still partly intact. The village and estate belonged until 1408 to the Counts of Everstein, hence the small shield with the helmet and crest of the Counts of Everstein.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.