|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Silber unter einer liegenden schwarzen Hirschstange ein rotes Büffelgehörn mit Grind.
Gross Sachsenheim received already city rights in 1495, but these had no effect on the development of the village. The city rights were again granted in 1747 by Duke Karl Eugen of Württemberg, and now the village developed in to proper city.
The village was acquired by the Counts of Württemberg in the 16th century and the oldest known seals date from the late 16th century. The arms combine the old arms of the Lords of Sachsenheim (horns) with the deer antler of Württemberg. The colours are known since 1598 and the arms thus have never changed since.
The arms in the Chorographia Württemberg (Wolleber, 1591)
The arms are now used by the city of Sachsenheim.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.