|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In 1948 the district adopted on its seal the arms of the city of Grossenhain, but these arms were never officially used as such by the district. In 1950 the district adopted the above arms, but use was very limited as the use was abolished in 1952.
In 1993 the arms were restored and granted on August 24, 1993, but used only for a few months as the district merged with Riesa district on January 1st, 1994.
The arms show a quartered shield in the colours of Meissen (and Grossenhain) with symbols for agriculture and industry.
Literature : Leisering, 2000.